Don’t forget Pack an essentials bag the night before your moving day
Here is a list of items to pack in an essentials bag for relocation of your apartment:
- Personal documents: Driver's license, passport, birth certificate, Social Security card, insurance cards, credit cards, bank account information, and any other important documents.
- Medications: Prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, and any medical supplies you need.
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, and other toiletries.
- Change of clothes: At least two changes of clothes, including underwear and socks.
- Shoes: Comfortable shoes that you can walk in.
- Pajamas: A pair of pajamas or comfortable clothes to sleep in.
- Phone charger and other electronics chargers: Phone charger, laptop charger, and any other chargers you need for your electronics.
- Snacks and drinks: Snacks and drinks to keep you hydrated and energized on the day of your move and in the days after you arrive in your new home.
- Money: Cash and credit cards.
- Keys: Keys to your new apartment and any other keys you need, such as car keys or work keys.
You may also want to include the following items in your essentials bag:
- A small first-aid kit
- A flashlight and batteries
- A pocket knife or multi-tool
- A notebook and pen
- A book or magazine to read
- A personal item, such as a stuffed animal or blanket
If you have any special needs, be sure to pack those items as well. For example, if you have a pet, you will need to pack food, water, and a leash for your pet. If you have a child, you will need to pack diapers, wipes, and other baby supplies.
It is also a good idea to pack a change of clothes for each member of your family in case your luggage is lost or delayed.
By packing an essentials bag, you will have everything you need to get by for a few days in case of any unforeseen circumstances.